Thursday, January 27, 2011

I was fascinated by the story of Vivian Maier, the unknown Chicago street photographer whose work was "discovered" just a scant few days after her death. While I'm not as serious (or as good) a photographer as Maier obviously was, I do enjoy taking photographs and her story inspired me to start a photo project of my own.

For the next 365 days, my goal is to take one photograph a day and post it here. I'm not cataloging anything earth-shattering, just things I happen to see and capture with my Kodak digital camera (bought in 2005 for $100, now hopelessly out of date).

Here is the first image of Project 365.

This photo was in no way posed or set up; it just happened. (As anyone who knows cats can testify, it's damn near impossible to "pose" a cat.) My cat Audrey this morning; she happened to be draped across a copy of Vonnegut's Cat's Cradle. I thought it was amusing.



By the way, I'm halfway through Cat's Cradle and I'm loving it.

No comments: