Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Yet another YouTube clip fest today, but this one actually has a purpose. I had the pleasure of interviewing Juliette Danielle of The Room for Praxis, and she is more awesome than I could have imagined. If you haven't seen the cult phenomenon that is The Room, here is a quick primer. Then watch the following clips, cause they're hilarious. Then get thee to a midnight showing (see The Room's official website for a screening schedule). If it's not playing at a theater near you, the DVD is available on Amazon, and it comes with a Q&A with writer/director/producer/star Tommy Wiseau (giving one of his infamous WTF? interviews).

Here are some of my favorite scenes from "the Citizen Kane of bad movies."


"You think about everything!"


"Well maybe you should have a girl, Mark."


"A man like that! With a gun! My God!"


I love this scene because it makes no sense whatsoever. I'm not talking about the football thing, what puzzles me is Mark's "Underwear? What's that?" Huh?


Pizza and scotchka! "Don't worry about it. It's good for you."


And if you're still not convinced, here is an audience reaction montage. But don't take their word for it...experience The Room for yourself.

No comments: