Tuesday, June 02, 2009

In Loving Memory of my sweet Shelby Valentine


Shelby passed away on May 4, 2009 after being diagnosed with a cancerous tumor in late February. It has been a very hard few months for me, knowing that the end was near for her, but I tried my best to make her comfortable, pamper her (even more than I usually did!), and give her extra love and attention.

I miss her terribly, and I had to wait to post this tribute to her until I was feeling up to it emotionally. I also envisioned putting up a montage of photos of Shelby--as a kitten and throughout her life--as a kind of "Academy Awards In Memory Of" type of deal. I will still do that, because Shelby (diva that she was/is) would absolutely expect that sort of a tribute. I have to wait to get my scanner fixed before posting all the photos I have in mind, but will do that as soon as I can.

Peace to my little Shelby Valentine
Febrary 1995 - May 2009
She is loved and missed by all who knew her, human and feline alike.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She was really something else. I'm sorry for your loss.
JB

Ms Sparrow said...

It's amazing how a little kitty can leave such a big hole in your heart. She looks so sweet and huggable.

"When your kitty purrs to you, doesn't it break your heart that you can't purr back?"