Obviously, I haven't updated in a while. This is not for lack of interest or lack of stuff to write about; it's mostly due to the fact that I've set a March 31st deadline for finishing The Book (and I'm sticking to it, dammit, even if it kills me). So as a consequence, this will not be the most intellectual post. My brain has turned to jelly.
I've been making all these lists in my head. It's fun. I like doing that---I think it's a compulsive thing. Here are some that I composed recently. The first one involves Duran Duran. Shocking, I know. I can't help it though. I love these men. I love their music. I love their hair. I love their clothes. I love...um, hold it--what in God's name is Nick wearing in this photo? Is it a caftan? A tunic? A muu muu? Damn.
Andie's Top 5 Favorite Duran Duran Videos
- Rio Awwww, they're so young in this! So pretty and witty and adorably glam....I just wanted to eat them up! Yes, I really did.
- New Moon on Monday "Shake up the picture, the lizard mixture with your dance on the eventide." Some of the most awesome lyrics ever written. Also, Simon is teh sex.
- Careless Memories A bouquet of tulips hurled against the wall = weird Freudian metaphor? That being said, I totally feel for the chick in this video. Having to choose between Simon and John? That's rough. I should know, I've been grappling with that dilemma since I was twelve years old.
- Lonely In Your Nightmare Dude--John is so hot, it's criminal. Andy is also a cutie in this video (the little that we see of him, anyway. Damn the director...)
- The Wild Boys They're in bondage, y'all. John is lashed to the hood of a sports car, Simon is strapped to the windmill torture thingamajig, and Andy is fighting off a naked girl in body paint with his gee-tar. Welcome to my formative years.
Top 5 Songs That Make Me Feel Like a Bad Ass
- One Way or Another -- Blondie
- I Did It -- Dave Matthews Band
- This Boy -- Franz Ferdinand
- Dancing With Myself -- Billy Idol (heh, heh, smell the masturbatory overtones in that one?)
- Andy, You're A Star -- The Killers (okay, I'm vain. Sue me.)
Top 5 Favorite Songs To Sing At Kareoke
- Do You Think I'm Sexy? by Rod Stewart
- You May Be Right by Billy Joel (note: this one only works well when you're extremely liquored, like at least twice the normal amount for a kareoke bar).
- The Tide Is High by Blondie
- Positively 4th Street by Bob Dylan (good song for exorcising demons)
- Nasty by Janet Jackson (remember my advice for being well liquored for the Billy Joel song? Double that amount before attempting this one. Seriously.)