Friday, December 05, 2003

Tonight I'm going to see Brian Setzer with some people from work. I'm looking forward to it, even though it's been a while since I've broken out the swing CD's. I'm hoping he does some Stray Cats material. If I were so inclined, I'd totally get into the retro '50s-as-told-to-the-80'sness of it all. I could feather my hair, (as much as you can feather long, straight hair), get decked out in a hot little dress with a fitted bodice and flared skirt and some of those cute high heeled Mary Janes, and maybe a black leather jacket thrown over my shoulders, just to show that while I may look nice 'n girly, I'm still tough.

I stopped over to browse at Barnes & Noble during lunch, and saw the most peculiar thing on the restroom wall..."Eric Idle" scrawled inside a drawing of a heart with an arrow through it. Yeah. Eric Idle. The guy from Monty Python. Okay, I've had some weird celebrity crushes, too--but Jeez, you don't see me writing "Jeremy Davies" in flowery junior high school girl script in the john at Barnes & Noble. That's a bit obsessive.

And the question of the day...why do people insist on calling business on Friday afternoons? Most people take off work early to get a jump start on the weekend, or to "work from home" (whatever), and the ones that are left to answer the phones in their wake just don't give a shit because, well, it's Friday afternoon. So stop calling me, you pricks.

No comments: