Thursday, December 18, 2003

There is a guy who comes in the office periodically. I call him Sweater Guy (he is always wearing a sweater--no coat, in 0 degree Minnesota weather). He is polite and slightly gay. He'll wander in a few times a day, smile and nod as he passes my desk, and disappear somewhere in the back. He leaves a few minutes later without saying a word. Who is the mysterious Sweater Guy? What is does he do? Why is he here? Where is he going? He doesn't work here, as far as I can tell. It's a bit uncomfortable, because I sit at the front of the office. Should I be questioning him? Keeping track of his comings and goings? Hell no, I wouldn't want anyone to think I'm a narc. Maybe he works nearby and just sneaks in here to raid the office fridge. Our kitchenette is pretty sweet. They keep free soft drinks for us in the fridge, Caribou Coffee in the coffee maker, and a wide selection of quality teas in the cabinet. Also, there is a water cooler. Maybe Sweater Guy's office kitchenette is not so well stocked.

I should cut him a break.

No comments: